International non-profit forest certification FSC
FSC (Forest Stewardship Council® ) (FSC C117884) is an international organization established to promote environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial and economically viable management of the world’s forests. FSC logo on timber or wood products is a mark of that the product comes from the environmentally appropriate and socially beneficial forestry.
According to the UN (UNECE), FSC certification is one of the fast growing and developing forest certification system all over the world. The pace of development of the “green” market niche significantly excels the development rate of the non-certified niche.
The main FSC purpose is to help environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial and economically viable forest husbandry and the world’s forests management.
Ecologically appropriate forest husbandry stipulates the non-threating timber procurement towards the biodiversity, productivity and ecological functions of the forest.
Socially beneficial forest husbandry provides the long-term benefits to the locals and society.
Economically viable management stands for sufficient economical benefits from the forest husbandry.
Our company successfully got:
Supply chain certification – СОС certification (СОС – Chain of Custody) to comply with the requirements of FSC-STD-40-004 standard that ensures the customers on the path taken by products from the forest to the point where the product is sold with an FSC claim and provide a credible assurance that products originate from well-managed forests or controlled sources.
Our company carries out control over the supply of the non-certified products to meet the requirements of FSC-STD-40-005 standard that allows:
- to control the sources of a non-certified timber to avoid the use of the following wood categories:
– illegal timber;
– timber that was cut with the infringement of traditional or civil rights;
– timber that was cut in forests where the environment oriented values are exposed to a certain danger during the timber exploitation;
– timber that was cut on sites that were transitioned before to plantations or non-forest areas;
– timber from forests with genetically modified trees.
- for certified supply chain participants to manufacture products from FSC mix from the certified and controlled wood.